Monday 8 August 2011

Finger Paint

Finger Paint = squishy fun

1/2 cup corn flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of water
Food colouring
So you take the cornflour, sugar, salt and water in a saucepan cook until it thickens, this takes about 10 to 15 mins. Its best if you keep stirring it especially as it thickens. Then take it off the heat let it cool a bit divide into containers (I used baby food jars). Mix in the food colouring to each pot. It Makes a great non toxic paint a bit like a jelly that smooshes onto the paper really well. I add a few drops of essential lavender oil because living in the tropics and I don’t want my boy’s paintings to go mouldy.  You could also add glitter, kid’s love a bit of sparkle. And to extend the play for longer I let Flynn drive a little bashed up car through the paint, leaving burnout marks. He also likes using a comb to scrape through the paint living stripes, a plastic fork or knife would work too.  I hope this brings you and your children many happy paintings.



Ps... Before I let him lose with the paint it hake as many pieces of clothing off as I can and I prep the paddle pool or bath for a fast and easy clean up because @ 3 when they have had enough of something that it they have had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...