Monday 24 October 2011

black mail - tuesday treasure

Flynn and Eli made some black mail today. I had lots of envelopes and i gathered some balack art mediums, ink, black crayon, charcoal, and some sponge brushes and a little elephant stamp. I showed Flynn how the charcoal differed from the crayon by smudging it and layering it and he took to it like a duck to water. He loved the push pull quality of charcoal, he liked when i wrote his name that he could slowly dissapate it with his fingers. He stamped and dribbled the watered down ink. He enjoyed the activity and because it was monotone he really noticed the difference in the mediums, and enjoyed their unique effects and played with this for the same amount of time that he would if hed had lots of colours to choose from, he never asked for any other colours he was content to make letters for his grandma. They can play post offices this afternoon together. Eli liked being incuded but was mostly interested in stitting on the table and dribbling the ink over his legs.




I popped this blog post onto Milk and Cuddles wednesday Linky 
& playtime linkyn over on The imagination Tree

2 comments:

  1. I have learnt the hard way that sometimes it is best to give young kids only a few materials/mediums. I used to get excited and keep adding more and more stuff...which was a bit overwhelming for a little one. I haven't thought to stick to only one colour though – great idea. Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I love using charcoal with older children but haven't given it to my toddler yet. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...