Wednesday 16 November 2011

10 things - only human on humpday

10 things about me  - you might not know

1. I refuse to drive an automatic car. I enjoy driving, it took me a long time to bother getting my licence, i was 25, i had a patient partner who was a good taxi driver. I was great at public transport, but when we moved back to our home town driving is really the only option. I like manual cars because i am a control freak and they make twisty road so much more fun, we have a few of them in these parts.

2. My birthday falls on the longest night of the year. (in Australia anyway)

3. I confess i am a ranter, i have this invisible button and once pushed i will explode a load of rant.
my children and hubby love pushing this button and seeing mummy go into nuclear overdrive. Kaboom, "oh my god if you don't blah blah then mummy's going to have an aneurysm, i swear I'm just asking for a little bit of help with blah, focus on what I'm saying here, are you listening, oh whats the point no ones every listening I'm just talking to myself again, like a crazy mad woman, man i hope the neighbours are out because the way you lot are making me today, if there listening they are never going to have babies. have you done blah yet, no, are you for real, here just give it to me ill do it...again, its like you all think I'm super woman" kinda the gist of it.
So please stand back and pop on your safety vests when the rant button is pushed or you may get caught in the cross fire as I'm bringing up little ranters who are starting to rant back. You should know too that my ranting doesn't bother them most of the time they really just tune out, put up their invisible umbrellas and repel the flying rants.


4. I don't eat meat, yes I'm a veggie, i like eating vegetables, there are a lot more foods out in the world besides meat. Sadly when people discover I'm a veggie they like to interrogate my choice of being a non meat eater and they like to know exactly what i will and wont eat. I don't get why people are that interested in my diet but i guess they are fascinated in my reasoning. It is fairly simple i couldn't kill animals to eat them & most importantly it made me very sick when younger so i gave it up. I have never looked back, i don't miss meat at all. It is no longer trendy to be a vegetarian thankfully so at least people have stopped thinking I'm doing it to be cool. I get a lot of people ask how do i live with someone who eats meat, my husband  is lucky i can cook meat and whilst i use more frying pans than most people, no one pot wonders in this house. It works fine, my kids eat meat with gusto and as yet they haven't noticed that I'm eating something slightly different. A friend who is also a veggie told her kids that not everyone likes to eat tomatoes, mummy doesn't like to eat meat, and they are cool with that. If you discover someone you know is a vegetarian, what ever you do, don't try to convert them back to eating meat, its rude and its nothing we haven't herd a thousand times.

5. I can roll my tongue, this is a genetic thing you either can or you cant.

6. I re-read books that i love again and again and again, some of my fave books have been read 5 or 6 times. My Hubby thinks this is a bit odd but i love reading, and even if i know the ending i still enjoy the ride. Mostly its the classics but there is a few modern books in this mix too. Once i find an author i like i search out every book they have written and read until i overdose and need to give them a break for a while, but generally a year or two later i re-visit the favourite one. I even read some of my childhood books, like Anne of green gables and some of Roald Dahl stuff. Bookworm i am!

7.  I have been a donkey voter, have you?

8. I like to mimic voices, as in different accents. If i listen to a particular accent for any length of time with not too much practise I'm able to sound a lot like it. This is a family thing and most of my family members are great mimics. Very useful when learning languages.

9. I had my baby boys via c section. and one day i will probably write a post on why, but not today.

pink hair was really fun, lots of strangers would comment on it for good and bad.
People even crossed the street to avoid me a few times! Its amazing how looks influence people.
10. I have an extremely low boredom threshold when it comes to my hair, i have been many many colours, chopped it very very short, grown it so many times only to chop again, streaked, foiled, straightened as its naturally curly. Fringe, no fringe, currently with fringe. Thankfully my husband seems to enjoy the different versions of me so that's ok. I've never had blue hair, maybe i could get some little clip in streaks for my Christmas stocking, must buy myself a stocking for that matter!

now you all know too much about me ill say see you soon, love sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...